Families must meet all of the following requirements to be eligible for assistance.
- Children and Guardian must reside in Franklin County, Ohio.
- Children must be enrolled and attending school, grades K – 12.
- Children 16 and older must present a picture ID at the appointment.
Step 1: Application
- Only a custodial parent or legal guardian may apply.
- Complete application in person at the local libraries on select Saturdays starting August 23rd.
Click to see all times and locations.
- Complete application at Charity Newsie Headquarters beginning weekdays September 2nd through
Friday January 9, 2015 9:00AM-12:30PM. Evenings hours being Monday September 8, 2014 to November 12, 2014 from 5:30PM to 7:30PM; Mondays and Wednesdays ONLY. Click for directions to Headquarters
- Present the following documents when applying:
- Social Security card, or Taxpayer ID number, and photo identification for yourself (driver’s license, state ID, Resident Alien Card, etc.)
- Proof of household income (benefits letter, recent pay stub)
- Identification for children (Social Security Card)
Step 2: Home Visit
- Each family receives a home visit by a Charity Newsie volunteer
- Children must be present at home visit
- No appointments will be made for the home visit
Step 3: Clothing Appointment
- Appointment times are given during the home visit
- You must bring your child to our Headquarters store to receive clothing